How to Install Printer Driver for mac 10.13 and 10.12 | BROTHER PRINTER
In computers, a printer driver and a print processor is a piece of software on a PC/computer that converts the data to be printer to a format that a printer can understand.
The purpose of printer drivers is to allow applications to do printing without being aware of the technical detail of each printer model.
Printer drivers should not be confused with print spoolers, which queue print job or send them successively to a printer.
This download includes the CUPS driver, BR-Script driver, PC-FAX, and Brother Status Monitor.
We will show you how to install printer drivers for mac operating system 10.13, and 10.12.
Please, [download] the target files to your Macintosh.
Once downloaded, the installing disk image will be mounted on your desktop. You will find the installer package icon "xxxxxxxx.pkg" on the desktop.
If you don't find the installer package icon, please extract the downloaded file "xxxxxxxx.dmg" manually with the Macintosh "Disk Utility".
The "Disk Utility" can be found in /Applications/Utilities. Using the "Disk Utility", the Installer Disk Image can be mounted.
Now, double click the installer package icon "xxxxxxxx.pkg". Follow the instructions on the screen.
1. Please, connecting the USB cable into your machine or your Macintosh. Ensure that the machine is powered "on".
note: Do not connecting the machine to a USB port on a keyboard or a non-powered USB hub.
2. The printer driver will be installing automatically.
3. You need to make sure if the installations of the printer driver is completed.
4. Please, select "System Preferences" from the Apple Menu.
5. Click the "Printers & Scanners" icon.
6. Check if your Brother machine is displayed in the "Printers" section.
7. If your Brother machine is display, the setup is now completed.
If your Brother machine is not display, try to disconnecting and connect the USB interface cable to your Macintosh again.
And then repeat the steps 4 up to 6 to check if the installations of the printer driver is completed.
Network Users (if applicable)
1. Connecting your Brother machine and your Macintosh to the networking.
2. Select "System Preferences" from the Apple Menu.
3. Please, click the "Printers & Scanners" icon.
4. Click the "+" button which is located below the "Printers" section.
5. Click the "Default" icon which is located at the top of the dialog boxs.
6. Select your machine from the "Name" list.
7. Make sure that "XXXXXXX + CUPS" is selected in the "Use" list. (Where XXXXXXX is your model name.)
8. Click "Add". The printer is now available in the "Printers & Scanners" list.
9. Select "Quit System Preferences" from the Apple Menu.
The setup is now completed.
The instructions may vary depending on the version of your operating system devices.