Generic CUPSwrapper Drivers
Easy steps to be able to install the Generic CUPSwrapper printer driver on the Brother printer model, we provide guidance in accordance with the experience we have done.
- Brother MFC-8480DN Laser Print.
Before you install this driver.
- Only installation via the command line interface (terminal) is support.
- Only English versions of drivers are available.
- The information on the website does not guarantee the operation of Brother Linux drivers in all users operating environments.
- Connecting more than one machine's with the same model number is not support.
The guide that we provide is Driver Version 3.1.0-1.
- Login as a superuser ( or use "sudo" option if it is required ).
- Check if pre-required procedures are completed.
Please Download Drivers (Download LPR drivers and cupswrapper driver).
*** Install LPR driver and cupswrapper driver
- Turn on the printer and connecting the USB cable.
- Please, open the terminal and go to the directory where the drivers are.
- Install LPR driver.The install process may take some time. Please wait until it is complete.
Command (for dpkg) : dpkg -i --force-all (lpr-drivername)
- Install cupswrapper driver.The install process may take some time. Please wait until it is complete.
Command (for dpkg) : dpkg -i --force-all (cupswrapper-drivername)
- Check if the LPR driver and cupswrapper driver are installed
Command (for dpkg) : dpkg -l | grep Brother
Depending on the connection type you are use (USB and Networking), follow one of the steps below.
- Open a web browser and go to ⇒ "http://localhost:631/printers".
- Please, check if the Device URL of your printer is "usb://Brother/(your printer model)".
- If the device URI is different from the example above, please go to "Modify Printer" of your printer to select proper devices and driver.
- If your printer is not listed on "http://localhost:631/printers", please go to "http://localhost:631/admin" and click "Add printer" and select proper device and drivers.
- Open a web browser and go to "http://localhost:631/printers".
- Please, click "Modify Printer" and set following parameters.
* lpd://(Your printer's IP address)/binary_p1 ⇒ for Device URL.
* Brother ⇒ for Make/Manufacture Selection.
* Your printer name ⇒ for Model/Driver Selection.
Please, Try a test printing file document, Open a text editor, write something and select "print" from the menus.
An easy and fast guide to installing a Generic CUPSwrapper printer driver for debian linux.
Have a Nice Day (brother-software.net)