Brother Printer supports Linux Operating Systems (Debian or RPM). You can install a printer drivers for Linux OS support, if you want to install a printer driver, please follow guide.
- Download the tool.(linux-brprinter-installer-*.*.*-*.gz).
- The tool will be download into the default "Download" directory.
- (The directory location varies depending on your OS Linux distribution.) e.g. /home/(LoginName)/Download.
- Please Open a terminal window.
- Go to the directory you download the files to in the last step. By use the cd command. e.g. cd Downloads
- and now Enter this command to extract the download file: Command: gunzip linux-brprinter-installer-*.*.*-*.gz e.g. gunzip linux-brprinter-installer-2.1.1-1.gz
- Get superuser for authorization with the "su" command or "sudo su" command.
- Run the tool: Command: bash linux-brprinter-installer-*.*.*-* Brother machine name e.g. bash linux-brprinter-installer-2.1.1-1 MFC-J880DW
The drivers installation will work start. Follow the installation screen directions.
When finished, you will be directed to see the message "Will you specify the DeviceURI ?",
- For USB User: Please Choose N (No).
- For Network User: Choose Y (Yes) and DeviceURI number.
The install process may take some times. Please waiting until it is completed.
Installing drivers for the Debian Linux Operating System or RPM.