Brother All in One Inkjet Printer
Download LPR driver at link brother-software.net.
Login for the user or you can use the sudo option if this is required.
Check properly whether the required procedures have been completed previously For Debian or 64-bit Ubuntu.
- Turn on the printer machine and connect the USB cable to the network or parallel.
- Go to the directory where the driver is stored.
- Install the LPR driver for Linux OS. This installation process may take a while. Please wait for it to finish.
- The command to: dpkg -i --force-all [lpr-drivername]
- Check carefully whether the LPR driver is installed correctly.
- Orders: dpkg -l / grep brother.
Confirm for the file that matches your printer connection.
Check the configuration file name on the PC for your distribution.
openSUSE - Ubuntu - Debian: / etc / printcap
Redhat - fedora - Mandriva: /etc/printcap.local
Edit files on the computer according to your printer connection.
Check if the parameter ": lp" is ": lp = / dev / usb / lp0"
For Network Connection
replace: ".lp" line 2 for the following line
: rm = for ip address of your printer \
: rp = lp \
For Parallel Connection
replace: ".lp" to the following line
: lp = / dev / lp0 \
Restart Your Computer
The command - for lpr: /etc/init.d/lpr restart
The command - for lprng: /etc/init.d/lprng restart
You successfully installed the driver
Perform a print test of the document
Labels: Brother Printer Setup